02 May, 2016

pick a colour

Saw these houses on one of our walks. They are located a few miles from the centre of town.  It is interesting that they are all basically the same except for the colour of their door.   There is a shortage of houses, flats/apartments here in Ireland and it has caused a jump in people being homeless especially in areas around Dublin.  That's where the jobs are and people can't afford the high rent there.   Also, landlords are taking some of  their rentals out of the market and reserving them as holiday homes for higher profits thus adding to the shortage of affordable housing. There is some chatter going on about Airbnb dropping thousands of illegal houses/flats/apts that are being used as holiday rentals.   Maybe they will find a workable solution to the shortage problem.


9 comments:

  1. I like the colored doors. So nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd have to be the green one for me.
    But if I was homeless I guess I wouldn't be so fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of like the line-up. The housing shortage in Ireland is a surprise to me. I hope there are solutions soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute houses. And yes, I like bright welcoming colours on the doors.
    Housing problems are a big problem here too, especially to sell a house or flat where workplaces are gone.... and than have to move for work & and a new place to live, somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I'll take the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the red door Bill! I wasn't aware of the housing problem either.. some landlords are so unscrupulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely the red door Bill! I wasn't aware of the housing problem either.. some landlords are so unscrupulous!

    ReplyDelete