The 9th stop on the heritage trail.
The much altered Philadelphia town house is the headquarters of Killybegs Fishermen’sOrganisation (KFO], one of the most powerful grouping of fishermen in the country. The building was once the retirement home of bishop John Bernard MacGinley of Killybegs.
He was a son of Thomas Colin MacGinley, schoolteacher and author, whose wife’s family, the Sinnotts, had erected Bruach Na Mara in the early 1900’s.
Courtesy of the Maritime & Heritage Centre Brochure
The entrance from St. Catherine's Road
View of back from St. Catherine's Road
The view from shore road