Out for a walk, we passed this old water hydrant. It's an antique, green-painted cast-iron Glenfield & Kennedy water hydrant and drinking fountain featuring a decorative lion's head motif, manufactured in Kilmarnock, Scotland, around 1900. Freestanding fluted cast-iron pillar design distinctive molded lion's head spout where water flowed. Foundry inscription reading "Glenfield & Kennedy Ltd., Kilmarnock"
Info from google lens


Looks quite nice! Here they are usually painted in red..
ReplyDelete127 years and still serving the community!
ReplyDeleteBad A$$ There Mr Bill
ReplyDeleteWell Captured ,
Cheers
...this a fancy one!
ReplyDeleteDoes it still work?
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I've never seen it working and it's so old I bet it doesn't.
DeleteIt is wonderful, Bill.
ReplyDeleteHow cool is that? Great photo, Bill!
ReplyDeleteVery cool. I love old stuff. Our current fire hydrates are bright yellow; but a small town not to far from us has them all painted different colors with pictures of historic places around town. You're suppose to drive and or walk around town to see how many of them you can find. Clever idea I thought.
ReplyDeleteHow great to come across an antique like this. I wonder if it is still functional? Or if it is now just decorative?
ReplyDeleteIt is lovely.
ReplyDeleteEin wunderschönes Stück. Pure Geschichte. Ob der Hydrant noch funktioniert?
ReplyDeleteEs un gran hallazgo, ya no quedarám muchas de ese estilo.
ReplyDeleteSometimes fire-hydrants are colour-coded...or maybe it's just green?
ReplyDeleteJust green here.
DeleteThat is so cool :-D
ReplyDeleteI love the colour and design! Very cool, Bill! I will have a new post on Thursday on my blog.
ReplyDeleteI hope your week is going well, dear friend.
That is very unique. Good eye catching that, Bill. Most people would walk right on by.
ReplyDeleteThat's really cool. We have a red and silver one (not working) in our yard. We call them fire hydrants here. Water hydrants make more sense. :)
ReplyDeleteMore stylish than the ones here in the U.S.
ReplyDeleteLindo hidrante. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteThat's one cool, epic water hydrant. Nothing is just mundane in Ireland, it seems.
ReplyDeleteIt would be so neat to actually see the water coming from the Lion's mouth. Very cool and I love the color! Thanks, Bill, for sharing a part of your walk with us.
ReplyDeleteHeritage piece!
ReplyDeleteIts ornate lion’s-head detail and weathered cast iron make it feel like a charming little relic from another age
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing to see that, it's rather beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh, very beautiful, Bill!
ReplyDeleteWho knew a fire hydrant could be a work of art?
ReplyDeleteYou have far prettier hydrants than we do!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing water hydrant ... I do like it.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I really like this Bill, looks Edwardian maybe? have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteDifferent and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteInteresting hydrant, very unusual!
ReplyDelete