28 September, 2026

weathered door

 this building was demolished but I always liked the look of the door.


32 comments:

  1. The door is looking very old. Have a nice day ! Greets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weathered and filled with character, but it had to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...all good things come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, looks like that door has been through it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder what it would say?
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this, Bill. How sad to know the building is no longer there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent capture of textures that tell a story of many years in the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the kind of door that could tell a story if it could talk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, I have an album with just doors at Flickr. I agree with Sharon, must be stories here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We happen to have a similar door, (in very good condition) from the early 1900s saved by a family member; I refinished it and repurposed it as a coat rack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mysterious, isn't it? That door could have told many stories.
    Have a great week, dear Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Que pena que o prédio foi demolido. Não teria como restaurar?
    A porta tem história! Boa semana! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photograph Bill, and if it could talk I'm sure we'd hear some wonderful stories.

    I must also comment on your current wonderful header photograph which shows "looking at Benroe in Co. Donegal and toward the silhouette of Benbulbin in the distance. Photo taken from Killybegs harbour." It's a beautiful scene and photograph.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one great old looking door.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Old doors always attract me too. This one has stories it could tell.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Se ve muy viejita. Buena semana. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A good solid door. Love your header photo, the sun and light are just right in my book - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the look of this door as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing is scarier than a shut door. I think Hitchcock said that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like it's been there a while, a good solid door, have a nice week Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's an interesting looking door. I wonder how long its been there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Atravessar uma porta dessas vai acabar nos levando para Nárnia! rsrsrsrs

    Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼

    Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love a weathered door. They have more personality!

    ReplyDelete