01 March, 2016

THEME DAY--Where do I belong?

I have lived in many places that last  few decades.  Before coming to Ireland we lived in Maine, stopping there after spending a summer camping the northern part of the U.S.  Shari and I discussed "where is home" one time and our conclusion was home is wherever you make it.  The summer we lived in a tent was home and it felt like home.  We had each other to share our love, we had plenty of reading material, music on our mp3 players, food, clothes and the truck.  That was home.  The one thing that was the common denominator in all of the places that we lived was the ocean.  I grew up about a 15 minute walk from the Atlantic Ocean.  Then when we lived in Oregon, the Pacific Ocean was our neighbor.  After two decades, we headed back to the east coast where the Atlantic Ocean welcomed us back.  Coming back east got us closer to the west coast of Ireland.  Now we are here both of us sharing our stories and creating new ones.  It is where I belong!


12 comments:

  1. We have both re-united with oceans Bill :) I do agree that being with a dear partner makes anywhere home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's heart-warming! Love the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous view! I've only been to the ocean a handful of times- and in each case, it was the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call many places home and Versailles isn't top of the list... Gorgeous photo!

    And whereabouts in Oregon if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lived in Portland for 8 years, went to Fairbanks, AK for 10 years and then came back to Klamath Falls in southern Oregon. The Oregon Coast is beautiful.

      Delete
    2. I've gallivanted a bit in Oregon, mostly around the Wallowas, the Painted Hills area and Pendleton, but also Mt Hood and Ecola State Park... Lucky you!

      Delete
  5. What a super shot. Enjoyed reading about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a nice and interesting live. I am also the one who love water. I was born in place without any water around, but now I live in place where water is everywhere. It is just like some magnetic fields. Awesome picture. Greetings from Bergen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing photo and a wonderful theme day post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful scene! And I fully agree with you, home is where you make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful post. I have the same attitude that home is where you make it, and you first need to be comfortable in your own skin.

    ReplyDelete