29 March, 2016

Cathedral of St. Eunan and St Columba

The cathedral was built between the years of 1890 and 1900 and is the only Catholic cathedral in the county.  I didn't have a chance to go inside but that will be another visit and photo opp this summer.  It is very impressive outside I must say.
I am moving tomorrow (the 30th) to Moville which is part of the Inishowen Peninsula.  Unfortunately I have no idea how long it will take to be back online, hopefully not too long.  I'll catch up with all your photos and posts when I get back.  Happy photoing!


9 comments:

  1. A fine example of the Gothic revival architecture of its day - everything appearing to be built for giants! Hope that the move goes well, without too much stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ireland is a catholic country and north of Ireland...i think also.

    Tomás.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful church! I hope the move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is gorgeous!! good luck with the move! hope it is easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a grand place! Hope your move is successful. Look forward to seeing you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent cathedral! Good luck on your move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I hope your move is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all is going well with that move. In the meantime, love this photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not so old but beautiful. Nice weather too

    ReplyDelete