30 September, 2016

a DIY painter

This gentleman has got what it takes to paint his house.  I wouldn't even want to climb the ladder never mind the setup in the street plus I hate painting.  I give him credit, he did a fine job.  It took him parts of two days.  I don't know if he finished the back or the other side.  I only saw him do the front and the street side.


 I never seen this kind of  setup before.  I was concerned about the wheels at the bottom and didn't want to see him on a rolling platform heading down the street..  He actually climbed up and down many times before he started painting and it never rolled.  Glad there was no problem with the brakes on the wheels.


adding another piece to the puzzle.


extending the sides


 now painting



doing the trim and finishing the job up top


 The update on the solicitor's building that was being painted three weeks ago is that they chose to keep the building the same colour.  It was probably cheaper to keep it the same, oh well!


18 comments:

  1. That requires some dedication! We're pretty lucky, we've bought two houses off-plan before and they both turned out to be face brick. Hurrah for us. And we moved out of our other house before it needed painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you need a paint job Bill, you now know who to call. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uma bela sequência de fotografias.
    Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a nice color, though it would have been interesting to see something brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has a head for heights & all the gear to do a fine job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It appears he knows what he is doing! I don't like heights or ladders over 2 feet tall! And I hate painting. So, I'm very pleased to know there are folks that I can hire to do these things. My son sells and installs security equipment and computers over in Houston. He fell off a ladder the other day. Fortunately, he landed in the bushes and came out of it with only a few scratches. But, as he said, he's got to do what he's got to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks dangerous the way he his doing the work!
    I guess the solicitors had Mr.X and his head covered by their insurance.

    Nice work, so well done to Mr.X

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness! That "ladder" looks like quite a complicated contraption. Glad he made it through his project unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a complicated setup he had to handle! Looks like he was doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I would have been a nervous wreck watching him Bill, he did a good job, definitely earned himself a pint at the pub after that :) I had a feeling the colour would stay the same on McGonigle's :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one industrious man! I painted a small item for my workshop a little while ago. It took about 5 coats total. I felt like I deserved a metal by the time I finished...inside, on a work table, over the course of days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like painting either That is quite a contraption.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's possible that the wheels have a locking mechanism. You wouldn't even see them from a distance, and if you were up close and didn't know what they were, you wouldn't recognize them as such.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be a long way to fall! I hope that he is not over-confident but instead the mechanism has a locked mechanism on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Parece sim um trabalho bem feito, de quem não tem medo de escadas e altura.

    ReplyDelete