18 September, 2026

St. John's

Church of Ireland, Killybegs.   One of the few churches that has a graveyard that is part of the church's property.


23 comments:

  1. I wonder if there is still space left in the graveyard? It’s not unusual here for a church to have a graveyard, especially in rural areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is nice. We have a few churches within Tasmania that still have graveyards attached to their church, but if they are full then it's the local cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Será un cementerio pequeño y además no podrá ser ampliado.
    Que tengas un bonito día.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting...most of ours aren't either...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you see a church, then there's a graveyard nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty church scene! Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great day and a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's interesting. I thought most of the churches would have their own graveyards. Happy Friday, Bill. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a church with a graveyard. They fascinate me. This is a charming building, perfect for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halloween Is Calling Our Names There Mr Bill - Hopefully You Have A Few BLK & White Shots From This Location

    Stay Groovy ,
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. That practice stopped in Ontario during the late 19th century.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a lovely little church, Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have quite a few churches around here with the cemetery on the church grounds. Mostly the old churches. This is a lovely old church.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Bill,
    I see a beautiful and small white church.
    The gravestones on the right also look very old to me.
    Is there also a modern cemetery near this church?

    Regards, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like old cemeteries, so much history, have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very nice photo. I don't know of any churches here that has a graveyard with it.

    ReplyDelete